The origin of the deparment. can be traced back to 1890 when a chair for applied Mathematics & Physics was created in the college.Dr. A C Mitchell -a Scottish Scientist and Fellow of Royal Society of Edinburgh was appointed in that post. Dr. Mitchell who held many important positions in the state later was responsible for building the magnificent Physics laboratory and starting a separate dept. for physics in 1906-1907. B A degree course in Physics was started in1908.
- Bsc Physics