It was started as one among the department initiated at the university during its inception. The department aspires to become a centre of excellence in developing social work professionals for promoting justice and empowerment. With a judicious mix of theory and practice, the department has geared itself to be strong in teaching, research and learning.
To become a center of excellence of learning, experience, research, training and services.
To provide a conducive environment for participatory learning
To promote a just and equitable society through research and provisioning of professional
1. To offer innovative teaching and learning in social work
2. To impart evidence based intervention at individual, groups and community level.
3. Inculcate skills to conceptualize research with policy implication
4. Collaboration and co-operation with public, voluntary agencies, para-professionals for their capacity building.
- BSW (Bachelor of Social Work)
- MSW (Master of Social Work)